Transferring Megadrum into new case and reconnecting inputs

Discussions related to MegaDrum Hardware

Transferring Megadrum into new case and reconnecting inputs

Postby glenn.szymanski » Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:41 am

So, I bought my Megadrum used back in 2015. It came in a 2 space plastic case and none of the inputs were labeled.

I finally bought a 1u space metal case and drilled all the holes and am in the process of transferring everything into the new case. Since the inputs were never labeled, I want to make sure that I'm doing it correctly. I labeled all the wires and stereo jacks before I took everything apart from the plastic case and I noticed the red wire and the first few leads from the ribbon weren't attached to anything.

Where can I find info on how the ribbon fan out corresponds to the schematic or can anyone explain that to me?

Thank you!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Megadrum ARM32, Roland PD-120, Yamaha PCY155, Alesis Control Pad, Korg Wavedrum, Yamaha VL1-m, MacBook Pro, Muse Receptor Quattro
glenn.szymanski

Re: Transferring Megadrum into new case and reconnecting inp

Postby dmitri » Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:35 pm

You can find pinout in "MegaDrum kit - instruction manual.pdf" in viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1420
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby glenn.szymanski » Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:21 pm

The main PCB inside is labeled "Megadrum STM32 ver. 3", there is another PCB that is labeled "07301A-Y5535-17" which I'm guessing is the positional sensing board?

I had bought this unit used from ebay back in 2015. Are you able to tell if you put it together or if the buyer built it? I'm guessing that this is considered the "full kit"?
Megadrum ARM32, Roland PD-120, Yamaha PCY155, Alesis Control Pad, Korg Wavedrum, Yamaha VL1-m, MacBook Pro, Muse Receptor Quattro
glenn.szymanski

Postby dmitri » Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:34 am

If you show the case I can tell if it was built by me or not.
This is essentially a Full kit with a Positional sensing addon.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby glenn.szymanski » Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:41 am

Here's the inside of the case with all the stereo jacks in a ziplock bag
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
glenn.szymanski

Postby glenn.szymanski » Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:41 am

This is the front of the case...
glenn.szymanski

Postby glenn.szymanski » Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:43 am

This is the back of the case, the 3 labels were from my silver marker, but I have no idea if they're correct or not (I think I had the case upside down). I emailed the guy that I bought it from. He says he doesn't remember well, but he thinks that he remembers soldering the output jacks...
glenn.szymanski

Postby glenn.szymanski » Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:45 pm

dmitri wrote:If you show the case I can tell if it was built by me or not.
This is essentially a Full kit with a Positional sensing addon.

Dmitri, please see the photos that I posted and let me know. Thanks.
glenn.szymanski

Postby dmitri » Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:35 pm

No, this is not an enclosure I've ever used for MegaDrum modules.
dmitri
Site Admin

Return to MegaDrum Hardware