See the waveform on the Megadrum Editor

Discussions of any related software

Moderator: Related software moderators

See the waveform on the Megadrum Editor

Postby Sharkuel » Tue Nov 21, 2023 3:37 pm

Hello Dmitri,

Hope you are doing well. I really love your Megadrum Editor tool, but is there a thread where we can leave feedback and improvement suggestions for the app?

I for one would love to see the waveform when you strike a pad, to aid us in nailing down the pad settings, like Audiofront Edrummin does.

Dunno if this is the proper channel to do it, but having a thread like this would be neat.
Sharkuel

Re: See the waveform on the Megadrum Editor

Postby dmitri » Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:31 am

You can post your suggestions here.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby Sharkuel » Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:09 am

dmitri wrote:You can post your suggestions here.

Okay nice. You think that my suggestion is doable? Because your app is really cool, but it is a bit lacking on the interface department, and I have been fiddling out with the edrummin app and having the waveform displayed when you strike the pad makes a huge differences in setting threshold values.

Though I find your app way more detailed in terms of setting up what you want, and the positional sensing works better than what Audifront offers. It only misses that UI friendliness.

Just my 2cents.

Also, it would be cool to have feedback of more users, to aid you improve the app. So I actually invite all the users present in this forum to use this post to share your thoughts as well.
Sharkuel

Postby dmitri » Mon Nov 27, 2023 11:44 pm

Viewing the the signal wafeform would require quite significat firmware changes and I doubt it may be useful - it is not an oscilloscope after all - but instead may add to the MegaDrum "complexety" rumor.
As to the MDMFX itself, I agree it doesn't have the best UI as I'm not an UI designer but it allows to access all MegaDrum settings.
Since MDMFX is fully open source - https://github.com/kajuk/MegaDrumManagerFX - and and anyone with better UI skills can easily make it better.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby Sharkuel » Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:49 am

dmitri wrote:Viewing the the signal wafeform would require quite significat firmware changes and I doubt it may be useful - it is not an oscilloscope after all - but instead may add to the MegaDrum "complexety" rumor.
As to the MDMFX itself, I agree it doesn't have the best UI as I'm not an UI designer but it allows to access all MegaDrum settings.
Since MDMFX is fully open source - https://github.com/kajuk/MegaDrumManagerFX - and and anyone with better UI skills can easily make it better.

But it is quite useful, as we have the exact reference of how the trigger behaves, specially if it is a DIY solution. Dunno if you have tested Audiofront's solution, but in terms of setting up triggers it is quite wonderful indeed.

I understand where you're coming from, but the "myth that the tool is complex" that you refer lies in the fact that the tool itself only displays values without any visual feedback, aside from the velocity graph. And numbers usually is what makes the learning curve a steep one.
Sharkuel

Return to Related Software