Alesis Nitro Hihat Pedal help again *Using EZDrummer 2 now*

Discussions of any related software

Moderator: Related software moderators

Alesis Nitro Hihat Pedal help again *Using EZDrummer 2 now*

Postby Zman369 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:02 pm

Everything on the hi-hat is working ok, but I might need to fine-tune it a little bit for better feel. The only problems I’m having, when the pedal chicks I’m getting some re-triggering like it’s sensing a little bit of jitter in my foot. I also noticed while in the open position, the pedal is still sending midi notes like it’s going up and down by itself just a little bit but not triggering clips. Just flashing the global light randomly. Other than that the chicks have good response.

As for the second problem I can’t get the splash to happen just right with the hi-hat pedal like on a real kit. It’s like you need to stomp on it hard in order to get the hats to sound off with no hit on the cymbal part. Like when one heel toes from the base of the pedal to make the splash sound off but then when the toe motion closes the hats to produce that “splash/mute” technique for keeping time.
Last edited by Zman369 on Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Zman369

Re: Alesis Nitro Mesh Hihat Pedal *2 Problems*

Postby dmitri » Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:18 pm

For the first problem you have adjust (reduce) HiHat Pedal High Level and/or increase CC Reduction Lvl.

For the second problem you may need to increase Chick Delay. You may also need to adjust both HiHat Pedal Low (increase) and High (reduce) Levels.
Configuring Splash has been discussed many time in the forum - I'd suggest to use forum 'Search' for splash.

In either case, Chick and Splash generation is for the case if the VST synth is not capable to generate Chick and Splash based on MIDI CC controller messages. Most good Drum VST synth can generate Chick and Splash using MIDI CC.
dmitri
Site Admin

Re: Alesis Nitro Mesh Hihat Pedal *EZDrummer 2*

Postby Zman369 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:46 am

Well I did have this problem solved on the original vst I was working with. Now I switched to EZ Drummer 2 and now idk how to get the same problems fixed again. Lost chick and splash. Having trouble figuring out the right midi notes need for both and midi notes for:

Bow Semi open
Edge Semi open
Bell Semi open

BowSemi open 2
Edge Semi open 2
Bell Semi open 2

Bow half open
Edge half open
Bell half open

Bow half open 2
Edge half open 2
Bell half open 2

Bow semi closed
Edge semi closed
Bell semi closed

Bow closed
Edge closed
Bell closed

Chick
Slpash

Tried messing with the VST settings, unfortunately, Ezdrummer 2 did not have much as far as easy
E-drum settings.
Has anybody conquered this with EZdrummer 2?
Zman369

Return to Related Software