Megadrum didn't appear in the MIDI devices

Discussions of any related software

Moderator: Related software moderators

Megadrum didn't appear in the MIDI devices

Postby Kurtsa » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:49 pm

Hi drummers,

I build the All In One v2.8 kit provided by Synthex's (thanks again) couple of days ago and everything seems to work ok (so far), except one of my PCs didn't "approve" it to the MIDI devices list (when connecting via USB). The problematic PC did recognize Megadrum as a USB audio device and installed the driver just like it should. But the device was not visible in the MIDI devices lists of any MIDI related software. Other two PCs I tested worked ok.

So I finally found the solution:

I just deleted the value name "LowerFilters" in the registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E96C-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
and that's it. After reconnection of the MD USB cable the USB audio device appeared in the MIDI devices!

I found this answer from this forum:
http://help.lockergnome.com/windows/XP- ... 12526.html

The problematic PC does have a build in web camera with included mic. And that mic is somehow a MIDI audio device although it is not visible as such in the windows device manager at all. I noticed that only from the registry. Probably that extra USB audio device has something to do with the problem.

Worth of trying if you have problems, it's easy to add back if deletion didn't help...

_
Kurtsa
Kurtsa

Return to Related Software